What's more badass than a woman that knows what she wants? A woman that asks for it.
This week I'm excited to kick off the new year with She Negotiates consultant Jamie Lee. Jamie is a pragmatic negotiation geek dedicated to helping women catapult their careers to the next level with a gutsy ask through consulting and speaking.
I first came across Jamie during a She Negotiates webinar. After connecting on our love of empowering women to be bold, brave, and get better paid, Jamie made the “ask” and proposed being a guest on the show. Her courage and enthusiasm made me confident this was one woman I had to talk more with, and boy am I glad that I did.
In this week's episode, Jamie shares with us not only her personal journey and various career leaps but also tips for how you can confidently stand in your power and make the ask for a better salary in the new year!
On the go? Listen & subscribe via iTunes | Stitcher
Behind the Boss Babe
- Favorite pump-up song: Cool for the Summer by Demi Lovato
- Simple pleasure: Reading the New Yorker
- Current challenge working through: Resisting the constant urge to check email and click through a dozen open browser tabs.
- Next item on your bucket list: Write a New York Times Bestseller
- Pep talk to your younger self: Try very hard to relax. Everything's going to be alright.
- Life motto: “Courage over comfort.”