Kat's StoryFrom Dreaming to Doing
At 23 I found myself stuck in sweltering hot LA traffic going 0 miles an hour, living paycheck to paycheck, wondering WTF I was doing.
Yes, I had a J.O.B., but was this the life I really wanted? Busting my ass at job getting paid less than I knew I was worth, dreaming of the life I really wanted.
In a fierce combination of feeling underpaid, frustrated, and LITERALLY stuck, a fire within me was lit and my boiling points were reached.
I realized I couldn’t just sit there any longer, I needed to get out there and make my dream life happen.
To begin, I first learned to negotiate my salary. Doing so not only enabled me to earn more, but it also gave me the freedom to make big and bold decisions in my life, including…
- Finding the courage to successfully switch careers from non-profit to software design
- Saving over $16,000 to quit the 9-5 world after realizing the deep regret I would have if I never traveled
- Starting my first business as a website designer and digital marketing consultant
- Overcoming my fear of drowning by getting my Open Water Diver certification in Thailand
- Checking “Become a certified yoga teacher” off my bucket list while in India
- Getting my “Eat, Pray, Love” on by participating in a 10-day silent meditation retreat in Nepal
- Roadtripping across the USA in a hippie bus with 20 strangers
- And launching The Big Leap Show podcast, to amplify the stories of kickass, courageous women