My StoryThe Adventure From Dreaming to Doing
At 23 I found myself stuck in sweltering hot LA traffic going 0 miles an hour, living paycheck to paycheck, wondering WTF I was doing.
Yes, I had a J.O.B., but was this the life I really wanted? Busting my ass at a job, getting paid less than I knew I was worth, dreaming of the life I really wanted.
In a fierce combination of feeling underpaid, frustrated, and LITERALLY stuck, a fire within me was lit and my boiling points were reached.
I realized I couldn’t just stay put any longer. I needed to get out there and make my dream life happen.
To begin, I first learned to negotiate my salary. Doing so not only enabled me to earn more, but it also gave me the freedom to make big and bold decisions in my life, including…
- Finding the courage to successfully switch careers from non-profit to software design
- Saving over $16,000 to quit the 9-5 world after realizing the deep regret I would have if I never traveled
- Starting my first business as a website designer and digital marketing consultant
- Funding my dream of becoming a certified yoga teacher in India, getting my diving certification in Thailand, and roadtripping across the US
- Launching The Big Leap Show Podcast, to amplify the stories of kickass, courageous women
- And creating Be Brave Get Paid to help other women learn to negotiate their salary
All of these leaps would not have been possible, had I not first learned to negotiate my salary.
That is why now, through coaching, speaking, and my podcast, I am on a mission to support women who are feeling stuck, frustrated and underpaid to learn to negotiate for the salary they deserve, so they too can create the life of their dreams!
Ready to earn more so you too can create the life of your dreams?
Sign up for tips, resources, and inspiration