Hot mama on a mission! Time to stop sweating the small stuff and go out there and make it happen. At least that's what Adesina Dowers of Hot Spot Yoga is sharing with us this week's podcast!
On the go? Listen & subscribe via iTunes | Stitcher
In this episode, she'll be sharing:
- Why she felt she needed to quit her marketing job at Island Def Jam in New York, reconnect with her yoga practice and move across country to Berkeley, California.
- How her desire to open a yoga studio evolved from noticing a gap in the industry where she realized she could serve people who wouldn’t normally take a yoga class (with the help of some bubbly and Wu Tang).
- How she got past the voices in her head asking “Are you good enough, should you be here,” and learned to trust herself, her intuition, and to value who she is as a person.
- The scary challenges she faced when opening up a yoga studio, and how she was able to keep focus, stay positive and keep moving forward.
Adesina's advice for big dreamers:
- Get to know yourself and start believing in who you are and what you do. As you get older you realize that the only real power you have is to stand in the stuff you believe in.
- Remember nobody get’s it right the first time. Learning to see mistakes not as failures, but as lessons is a huge mental switch that will help you see the value in the lesson rather than worrying about what others think.
- Make sure you take care of yourself and get enough rest. When you are first starting out you are trying to do all of the things all of the time, and it can start to feel like a job. She warns if you don’t take care of yourself, you can lose perspective that what you are doing is your passion and your life’s dream.
- It’s important to get really clear on your brand message, and don’t be afraid to put yourself out there. People are called to authenticity and if you are speaking from your heart people will be attracted to what you have to offer and will want to share what you are doing with others.
- Be intentional with your goals and act with your end in mind. If you are taking the time to envision your long term goals and what you want it's incredible how things will start falling into place.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
I love loved this one. It’s a good balance of going with the ‘flow’ of life, but also following your heart and doing what your gut tells you to do and go for it. Such a good listen. Thank YOU!
Thank YOU Krista for listening! :)