It's safe to say that one of the worst feelings we can experience in our careers is starting a new job and realizing within the first few days that we want out.
For many this is disheartening… for this week's guest, it was fuel.
Lauren McGoodwin is the founder of Career Contessa - a one-stop shop for ambitious women trying to create a successful and fulfilling career.
After experiencing a number of “meh” jobs, Lauren found her spark in recruiting where she was able to connect people to jobs they loved.
It was from this place of passion that launched Career Contessa in 2013. She knew that there needed to be a place where women could find jobs as well as gain advice and gain a competitive edge in the workplace.
Flash forward 6 years and Career Contessa has now developed it into one of the leading career development resources for women with over 1 million women yearly.
How did Lauren evolve and grow the business to such an awe-inspiring level? Tune into this week's episode to find out!
Tweetable TakeawayDon't be afraid to be told 'no,' resiliency is your greatest asset. - Lauren McGoodwin of @CareerContessa #TheKathlynHartShow Click To Tweet
Behind the Boss:
- Favorite pump-up song: Anything Beyonce!
- Simple pleasure: Very early morning walk before work.
- Current challenge: The Salary Project
- Next item on bucket list: Learn to speak French
- Pep talk to your younger self: Enjoy the Process
- Life motto: Don’t be afraid of being told no.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Lauren's company - Career Contessa
- Career Contessa's podcast - The Femails
- Connect with Lauren on Instagram
Share the Love - #TheKathlynHartShow
Leave a Review <3
Loving the show and want to help spread the word? Make my day and leave a 5-star review in iTunes! This will help us rank higher in iTunes so that more badass women like you can hear these conversations.