This week I'm excited to bring you Vivian Chan and Jennifer Qiao of East Meets Dress - an e-commerce brand bringing gorgeous cheongsams (or qipaos) to the modern Asian American.
Tune in to hear how these two women dreamt up East Meets Dress, how they got started with less than $100, and how they navigate working together as best friends.
Behind the Boss - Vivian Chan:
- Life motto: “Everything was impossible until someone did it.”
- Favorite pump-up song: Run the World - Beyonce
- Simple pleasure: Watching Killing Eve while drinking a glass of wine
- Secret bucket list item: Make a game-winning basketball shot at the buzzer.
- Current challenge: Being better about filling up my daily jar with rocks first instead of sand.
- Pep talk to your younger self: I would tell my younger self that the path to success isn’t straightforward. Don’t be afraid to create your own path and if you're not out there building your own dream, then you're just busy building someone else’s.
Behind the Boss - Jennifer Qiao:
- Life motto: “You can't plan your whole route at the bottom of the mountain.”
- Favorite pump-up song: Domino by Jessie J
- Simple pleasure: Eating hazelnut ice cream
- Secret bucket list item: Writing a book
- Current challenge: Balancing operational efficiency while delivering a great experience to our customers.
- Pep talk to your younger self: I know you might feel like failing at something (and people finding out eek!) might be the end of the world. But it's actually the beginning. Once you give yourself permission to mess up, you open up so many more possibilities of what you can do. If you try, fail, and try again, you'll soon find that failure is often just a necessary stepping stone to where you ultimately want to be.
Links and Resources Mentioned:
Share the Love - #TheKathlynHartShow
Digging this episode? Tag me on Instagram @iamkathlynhart or on Twitter @iamkathlynhart and share your favorite nugget!
Leave a Review <3
Loving the show and want to help spread the word? Make my day and leave a 5-star review in iTunes! This will help us rank higher in iTunes so that more badass women like you can hear these conversations.
… and lastly, have an amazing day :)